- Brisbane CBD Location
- 12 Month Contract with Potential for Extension
- Assist a Large Reputable Organisation make full use of Splunk
Our client is a reputable government organisation in QLD, known for its proactive, positive and community based culture. Based in the CBD they are home to numerous functional teams providing a range of IT services for their customers.
Working in the Identity & Infrastructure team, the Splunk Specialist is a newly created role due to an increased workload across Splunk activity. You will join another Splunk Specialist and assist in applying Splunk's capability across different project initiatives.
Your primary duties will be:
- Collaborate with a variety of IT stakeholders in design and maintenance of production-quality monitoring and log analytics system including reports and dashboards to support data analysis and visualization.
- Incorporate application log files and other data sources into visualization tools from a centralized Splunk instance.
- Implement Splunk for key systems with a particular focus on IT Operations, Application Performance and Security Management.
- Provide support for the data aggregation, processing, analysis and operational reporting systems including planning, installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting and problem resolution;
- Implement Splunk Applications and manage and maintain Splunk forwarders. Work with other department leads to install and configure Splunk forwarders.
- Generally provide technical advice to clients
You will demonstrate the following:
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting Splunk infrastructure including Search Heads, Indexer Clusters, Deployment Server, and Heavy Forwarders;
- Demonstrated knowledge of SPL for solving complex data analytic problems and writing efficient queries;
- Demonstrated ability to manage server technologies (Windows and Unix) in local and wide area networked environments;
- PowerShell and/or Python scripting and automation skills, including strong understanding of regular expressions;
- Experience with two or more Application Monitoring tools and techniques: Nagios, SCOM, ManageEngine, SNMP, StatSeeker;
- Ability to analyse technical processes and provide advice for service improvement;
- Strong client service delivery focus.
To submit your application, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, please contact Pablo Calaby through email on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Ref No: 4A/22182.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.