Director - Operational Risk
- Broad enterprise risk role suitable for a strategic operational risk leader
- Customer focused Fin Services business uninhibited by regulatory pressures
- Senior role with a seat at the Senior Leadership table
Well-known Australian Financial Services firm whose entire strategic focus is to support, protect and add-value to their customer base. The client is recognized for this and consequently not regulated in the same manner as many financial institutions resulting in challenging, stimulating work and a transparent, collaborative approach towards "getting things done". This is just one of the factors that contributes towards high employee engagement as well as flexible working, a strong work life balance and a purposeful culture throughout risk and the wider business.
Reporting into the General Manager of Enterprise Risk, you'll lead a small, pivotal team in the monitoring, development and continuous improvement of the strategic risk management framework across all business units. As a business partner to the Executive Leadership Team and General Managers of the various business operations, you will act in an advisory role with the purpose of evaluating and executing business strategies to mitigate operational risk and ensure the business is appropriately protected.
This is a senior, strategic 2nd line role and the key to your success will be your ability to influence, and collaborate with, 1st and 3rd lines to identify and define what best-practice looks like across the wider risk team. Empowering your team to do the same through autonomy and self-led action is equally significant.
Essential Skills & Criteria
- Established 2nd line operational risk professional with 5+ years in a leadership role
- Strong technical background with considerable expertise in delivering best practice risk frameworks in close partnership with 1st and 3rd lines
- Prominent figure and influencer in senior/ executive decision making, with proven ability to foster a business-wide risk awareness culture
- Collaborative business partner, strategic thinker and decisive decision-maker
- Previous experience working in a Financial Services organisation
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex workloads, effectively prioritise and manage senior expectations while empowering team to follow suit
Who are you?
You're an established risk leader looking to work in an environment focused on true business outcomes, uninhibited by heavy regulatory demands. Your career progression plan is not dictated by hierarchical ladders nor high salary increases but is in fact focused on working in a strategic, pivotal 2nd line risk role that offers breadth, challenge and stimulating work for a company whose main concern is their customer and with it the Australian community.
Salary: $160K to $185K + Super
Like to know more? To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below.