Senior Wintel Engineer
- Contract until March 2020
- Large and Reputable Organisation
- 2 Roles | Central and North QLD Locations
Our client is a reputable state-wide organisation in the CBD committed to servicing Queensland people. Recent developments have called for a major technology refresh, and senior engineers are required to assist in North and Central QLD respectively.
Reporting to the Director of State-wide ICT Service Delivery, this is an opportunity to make an impact on an ICT project that directly affects the development of Queensland people.
Your primary duties will revolve around the following:
- Build, deploy and test Windows servers
- Diagnose and resolve Window Server and Microsoft Operating System issues
- Create, manage and diagnose scripts using PowerShell
- Create, deploy and diagnose Microsoft application development tools
- Undertake a leading role in a responsive and effective problem resolution service that will minimise disruptions to schools.
- Liaise with representatives, and other teams within the department, in relation to new technology and solution deployments, and to monitor the effectiveness and benefits from operational lead initiatives
- Investigate and identify analytical and problem solving activities for the maintenance and support of a large and complex Windows network environment.
- Provide appropriate information on incident reviews and statistical reports within the environment which can be consumed by team leaders, management, and other departmental staff.
You will demonstrate the following:
- Strong demonstrated experience with Windows Server and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell and Microsoft application development tools
- Analytical and problem solving ability including the capacity to research and resolve ICT related issues within time constraints and shifting priorities
- Strong communication skills
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicles (from a fleet), laptops and mobiles will be provided. For overnight stay accommodation will be booked and paid for, and travel expenses will be reimbursed. Applicants for this role must have the ability to travel to locations within Queensland. With multiple implementations across the state, applicants may be located in either south east Queensland or at a regional location for between 19-27 weeks per implementation.
To submit your application, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, please contact Pablo Calaby through email on email@example.com, quoting Ref No: 4A/22167.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.