Treasury and Finance Manager
- Work for a market leading business with strong ethics and a great reputation
- Broad treasury role with breadth, diversity and the chance to drive change
- Clear career progression | CBD | Competitive salary
You'll play a central role in supporting the treasury, finance and business strategies of the organisation through astute commercial analysis, best-practice risk management and the effective management of the treasury function.
Your core focus will be to lead the finance team in best practice commodity hedging, liquidity, foreign exchange and business strategies. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Daily management of liquidity, foreign exchange and hedging reporting of the company's trading activities.
- Accountability for analysis and forecasting of funding requirements, financial modelling, as well as robust and accurate cash-flow forecasting.
- Operate as an advisor to the business with a view to providing risk management support and analysis, while evaluating new opportunities where possible.
- Responsible for, and delivery of, an efficient and optimised treasury function enhancing systems, and processes by adopting a continuous improvement approach and effective management of risk.
- Management and leadership of a small team
Who you are
With a proven track record working in a Treasury and Finance arena, you'll demonstrate a strong blend of commercial business partnering, technical accounting (CPA/ CA or equivalent preferred) and risk management. While a specific industry background is not required, you'll be a naturally curious individual and have prior experience valuing an organisation's daily position on a mark-to-market basis.
An engaging, hands-on and inclusive leader you'll be passionate about coaching and developing your people while driving a culture that embraces change and adopts a continuous improvement ethos.
Essential skills and criteria
- Previous experience working in a treasury function
- Minimum 5 years experience in the key facets of financial management (financial reporting, budgeting, cash flows analysis)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in the application of accounting principles and policies; procedures and accounting standards
- Excellent problem solver underpinned by strong risk management
- Ability to simplify complex information and influence astute decision making
- Excellent excel skills including V-Look ups, Pivot Tables and ability to build and maintain financial models
If you feel you meet the criteria and are excited by this unique opportunity then please submit your application, in strict confidence, using the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact James Wood in our Sydney office on 02 8233 2206.