Internal Communications Advisor - Government
- Approx. $55-$60 per hour plus Super dependent on experience
- Full-time, 6 month contract assignment. Immediate Start
- Working From Home
About the role
Our government client is currently seeking an experienced Internal Communications Advisor to join them on a 6 month contract assignment working remotely. As the Internal Communication Advisor, you will support the delivery of activities outlined in the department's Internal Communications Plan, informing and engaging stakeholder groups within the Victorian transport sector.
Reporting directly into the Communications Manager, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- developing and implementing high quality internal communications strategies and activities
- coordinating and content development for key corporate communications channels including the intranet, internal newsletters, videos and other channels as required
- managing the development and delivery of the fortnightly employee newsletter
- providing internal communications advice and support of all areas across the department
- identifying opportunities to enhance the department's internal communications
- contributing to and supporting consistent and integrated messaging that reflects the department's vision, objectives and achievements and clearly communicates these to key internal stakeholders
Experience and Skills
The skills and experience you will need to demonstrate include:
- Experience with a wide range of online communications platforms such as Campaign Monitor, Yammer, Survey Monkey/Gizmo Canva, Trello, online databases, content management systems and photo libraries
- Proven experience in managing and developing content for intranets and websites using platforms like SharePoint and SquizMatrix
- High level of computer literacy particularly in the use of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, video editing software and the Office 365 suite
- Outstanding written skills and ability to translate key outcomes and initiatives into materials relevant to different audiences
- Excellent negotiating skills with a proven track record in managing negotiations that result in positive outcomes
- Sound time-management skills with the ability to effectively manage competing demands and high-volume workloads in a calm flexible and solutions-focused manner
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant field e.g. Communications, Public Relations or extensive experience as an internal communications specialist preferably within the government sector
How to apply?
If the above sounds like you, please apply online using the appropriate link below forwarding a copy of your resume and cover letter highlighting your internal communications and government experience and your suitability for the role. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Edgardo Robinson on 03 9623 6631 quoting Ref No. 193206.