Marketing and Event Officer
- Role in the beautiful Blue Mountains
- Event and Marketing experience required
- $55 per hour + super
Primary purpose of the role
Work with the Visitor Experience Manager to develop and implement new and existing business opportunities through events, weddings, tours and venue hire at the Garden, in accordance with BGCP policies and procedures. Coordinate the full end-to-end responsibility of these operations, from strategic planning and budget management, sales, booking coordination, partner liaison, content support and promotions, to experience delivery and reporting. Ensure the effective output of services and exceptional customer experience while meeting and exceeding targets.
The Marketing and Venue Coordinator will develop full project plans for events, undertake risk assessments, manage procurement for events. It will be a hands on role involving being on site and managing the setup and breakdown of events at the venue.
Other responsibilities may include:
* Contribute to the delivery of integrated visitor and tourism services for The Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah and coordination of tourism experiences, event/workshop and exhibition calendar, education programs, and venue hire.
* Contribute to the success of site visitor programs, activities, events, tours, venue hire by delivering targets and meeting budget.
* Provide high quality sales and service functions to visitors including venue bookings within the provisions of BGCP policies and procedures to promote and enhance the visitor's experience and the organisation's reputation for excellence.
* Monitor, administer and evaluate relevant data including visitation, digital and social media data, bookings and sales systems, research and report back as required.
* Coordinate exhibitions, weddings, community events, open days, workshops/walks, and botanical festivals and assist with the coordination of major events and Education activities in line with the organisations strategic objectives.
* Respond to enquiries, create physical and digital collateral, conduct venue inspections, develop follow up sales systems including surveys, liaise and negotiate with hirers and other stakeholders regarding compliance with conditions of use and hire of venue sites to ensure that functions and special events fulfil the needs of the hirer and or stakeholders and have minimal impact on BGCPs collections and lands.
* Support marketing strategy activities and advertising campaigns on direction of Visitor Experience Manager.
Candidates will need:
* High level of event management experience (Tertiary qualifications or at least 5 years' experience) to manage weddings, events and venue hire
* Proficiency in systems, including Adobe, event management and bookings, digital platforms, finance/invoicing, website, graphic design
* Ability to write content for social media, website and newsletters to promote events
* Ability to oversee and manage venue hire spaces
* High level of organisational skills
* High level of verbal and written communication abilities
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sophie Kelly on 02 8233 2252 or email Sophie.Kelly@hudson.com