Customer Service Officer - Canberra
- Contact Centre roles - 37.5 hour week Mon-Fri fixed rosters
- Contracts till April 2021 with further potential 12 months extensions
- Fantastic culture, extensive training and support, genuine career development
Outstanding opportunity for Customer Service Extraordinaires to join the collegiate and friendly Contact Centre Team of a highly regarded Canberra City based Fed Gov department.
We are seeking experienced and reliable Professionals who thrive on delivering exceptional customer service, available to attend Face to Face or Assessment Centre style group interview onsite at client premises on 17th August 2020 and assume long term contract from the 7th September 2020 upto April 2021 with further potential 12 months extensions.
These will be full time roles for candidates available to work 37.5 hour weeks, in fixed rosters between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday. The hourly rate will be $33.65 + Super.
Reporting to the Contact Centre Manager, the purpose of this role is to provide a superior level of telephone and multi-media based customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing knowledge and expertise when handling incoming queries via phone and email
- Following established work flow processes and escalating as required
- Applying agreed action and guidelines within the agreed timeframes
- Liaising with internal staff and state based delegates
- Maintaining accurate electronic customer contact records
- Adhering to all compliance requirements
- Other administrative tasks as required
Prior experience in a Contact/Call Centre will be advantageous but is not mandatory - what is most important is proven longevity in your previous roles, the desire and ambition to develop and become a true subject matter expert, and a positive and motivated attitude.
If you are solution focused and passionate about customer service then we'd love to hear from you!
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Proven experience in a Customer Service role
- Superior communication skills and the ability to build rapport with customers
- A professional and friendly telephone manner
- A thirst for knowledge
- Superior attention to detail
- Computer literacy with the ability to pick up new systems
- A team focused attitude
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a reputable Federal Government agency with a strong focus on continued learning, growth and development of their valued staff. Collaborative team environment, thorough training and ongoing support and genuine career progression opportunities abound for Customer Service Extraordinaires with a genuine commitment and desire to pursue a career.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.