Site Search
Contracting with Hudson Banner

Working Holidays in Australia

If you’re a traveller keen to experience living and working in Australia here are some useful tips and links to help you plan for your move. Doing some research, understanding your visa requirements and booking that flight will really help us to support you to find a new role in Australia.

Getting a job in Australia

Australia is experiencing a shortage of experienced, high calibre job seekers across a range of sectors. So now could be a good time to consider moving to Australia. Here are some tips for arranging a great working holiday job in Australia...
  • Do your research. Think about why you want to move to Australia. If it’s for the lifestyle, be aware that while most Australians pride themselves on maintaining a more relaxed way of life, they still work hard. The majority of professional roles require you to work more than the standard 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Industry bodies and professional organisations like ACCA,(the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) are great places to start your research.
  • Get in touch with an immigration consultant. They will be able to answer your visa, logistics and lifestyle questions and can speed the process of getting everything you need to work in Australia.
  • Be prepared to get on a plane and take a risk. Travelling to your city of choice allows you to meet recruitment consultants, understand how to tailor your experience to Australian roles - and proves you are serious about the move. Keep in mind that most companies and recruitment agencies will not interview you for specific jobs until you have arrived in the country. Unless you have a very specific skill set unabled to be sourced from the local market, it is very rare to be offered a role without first attending a face-to-face interview.

Immigration and Visas

It’s vital you have the right visa to work in Australia. Visit the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship website. To find out more about visas visit File Numbers

Everyone working in Australia needs a Tax File Number (TFN). This must be supplied to your employer, bank and superannuation fund. Go to 'Getting a tax file number' on the ATO website.

Tax Assistance

For help with your tax while you are in Australia, contact the Australian Taxation Office.

Other Useful Links

Contact a Hudson specialist today


Hudson is a talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organizations and individuals. Our expert team and assessment tools provide you with unique insights and services that help you maximize your success. Across APAC, we deliver a range of recruitment and talent management solutions to get you and your business where you want to be.