Using an Assessment Centre provides thorough validation and is an accurate method of shortlisting multiple candidates
Using an Assessment Centre will improve your chances of selecting candidates who will be high performing, long-serving employees. There are many other benefits to be gained by adopting an objective, robust, multifaceted approach to assessing competencies, potential and ‘fit’ of all applicants for a position.
A Hudson Assessment Centre will allow you to concentrate efforts where the likelihood of hiring the right fit is greatest, making for a more intelligent use of time and money. The term refers to the use of a range of assessment activities to obtain an objective, well-rounded evaluation of one or more candidates’ ability and motivation to perform in a role. Using an Assessment Centre also helps align company goals and values.
Behavioural and Psychometric Assessments
A Hudson Assessment Centre uses behavioural and psychometric assessment tools that apply to every level of an organisation. Specific exercises might include:
- Group exercises
- Leadership exercises
- Written exercises
- Technical / problem-solving exercises
- Aptitude tests
- Psychometric assessments
- Motivation / Values-based questionnaires
Why use an Assessment Centre?
- For large-scale, ongoing recruitment requirements (e.g. graduate, sales-force, customer service and call centre populations)
- When needing to assess and recruit large volumes of candidates quickly
- When assessing the potential of ‘lateral’ candidates to do the role, critical in a candidate-short market. Lateral candidates are those with the potential to ‘move across’ to other departments, organisations and industries
- For determining critical or senior level appointments, especially where the new role requires a different set of competencies
- In aiding selection from existing employees when internal change is occurring
- For any position where you are experiencing high turnover, either because the role requirements are not accurately understood, or the wrong competencies are being assessed.
Benefits at a Glance
Hudson’s Assessment Centres are an invaluable resource for major organisations and boast numerous benefits, allowing you to:
- Effectively distinguish candidate suitability
- Process large volumes of candidates quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrate a fair and equitable process
- Gain insight into candidate strengths and development requirements
- Select the candidate with the strongest capability and fit for the role
- Give candidates a realistic preview of the role and its required competencies
- Provide a flexible and highly objective approach to selecting candidates that can be customised to each organisation’s needs