Hudson RPO helps Unisys achieve 98% fill rates
When the RPO provider of Unisys failed to produce results for the company’s fledgling Asia operations, Hudson RPO was given the chance to prove it could do better at recruitment and selection.
Challenges of the project included:
- Unisys brand not well-known in all countries
- Hiring manager engagement low due to experiences with previous vendor
- Extreme skill shortages for certain business-critical roles
- Some roles highly difficult-to-fill (i.e. trilingual Customer Service Representatives in China)
- Remuneration often lower than high salary expectations of candidates
- Recruitment volumes regularly spiking due to new business wins
Hudson RPO began implementing an end-to-end RPO solution for the company in 2014 in North Asia (China, Hong Kong and Taiwan) and Southeast Asia (Singapore).
To date the solution has included:
- Geographic scope. Recruitment across ANZ, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines
- Recruitment for all role types. From senior network engineers, architects and project managers to level 1 CSRs
- Fit-for-purpose solution. A bespoke solution tailored to regions i.e. RPO solution in North & South Asia, team augmentation in ANZ & volume project recruitment in the Philippines
- Onsite team of 14 across APAC. Plus account directors and access to flexible support via Shared Services Centres in Melbourne, China and the Philippines
- Varied sourcing channels. From direct headhunting, advertising and local job boards to social media, employee referrals and online interest groups
- Scalable approach. 2 weeks notice to assemble 6 recruiters in the Philippines to recruit 50 level 1 network support technicians within 3 weeks
- Innovative approach. Employer profiles created on Google+, Twitter and Facebook, plus interview skills training sessions for hiring managers
Hudson RPO's solution has delivered significant wins for Unisys.
- 480 roles placed per annum with 98% direct fill rates
- Hiring managers & HR satisfaction consistently tracking above 95%
- Long-term outstanding roles inherited from previous RPO provider reduced by 90% within the first quarter