RPO turns around high turnover rate for French pharmaceutical
Leading French pharmaceutical company Sanofi was facing multiple challenges in its recruitment, including an ad hoc hiring approach and high staff turnover. Hudson RPO was brought in to turn this situation around and bring improvements to all aspects of the recruitment process.
Its challenges included:
- A reactive, ad hoc approach to hiring using over 25 suppliers
- Lack of accountability and transparency over costs, time-to-fill and quality of hire
- Lack of support for hiring managers
- Low levels of employee engagement and high staff turnover
Hudson RPO designed and implemented a fully integrated, measurable, national recruitment solution to provide the transparency, accountability and proactive approach that Sanofi so badly needed.
The solution included:
- Proactive and creative multi-channel sourcing strategy
- Permanent and fixed-term roles as well as temp/contract positions covered across Australia and New Zealand
- Project management of selection process
- Tighter process management with clear measurement, reporting and accountability for KPIs
- Ability to scale up during peak recruitment periods and to support the company during restructures
Hudson RPO has been on-site at Sanofi since 2007, living and breathing its culture and values, and exceeding KPIs year after year. Acting as a strategic partner as the company has acquired new businesses, the team’s services have also expanded to support these other parts of the business.
- Time-to-fill decreased from over 40 days to an average 28 days
- Percentage of direct hires increased from 55% to 97%
- 98% retention of new hires
- 98% manager and candidate satisfaction
- 90% satisfaction in Employee Attachment Index
- Internal mobility increased from 35% to 50%
- Several Hudson RPO recruiters awarded Sanofi’s ‘Believe’ Awards for ‘living the values’ over and above expectations