RPO achieves significant savings for CPA after only one year
CPA Australia – one of the world’s largest accounting bodies – had been experiencing increasingly inconsistent service levels in its recruitment across different locations and areas of specialisation, using its traditional preferred supplier arrangement with select global partners. Hudson RPO was called in to streamline and bring greater consistency to CPA’s recruitment process.
Its challenges included:
- Dramatically varying service levels from location to location and by area of specialisation within each agency provider
- Elevated recruitment costs
- Limited reporting available to support future workforce planning
Hudson RPO launched and delivered an end-to-end recruitment solution for all permanent and fixed-term roles across all locations.
The solution included:
- Proactive approach to target passive candidates and leverage CPA’s strong brand in the market
- Transparent and reportable approval process for both permanent and contract roles using Hudson’s proprietary ATS “Ingenium”
- A new “Interview skills” training course rolled out to all line managers
- New interview guides based on the business capability framework
- New employee referral program
- Development of location-specific EVPs
- Support in delivering a key member attraction competition in conjunction with the Australian Open 2015
After only one year Hudson RPO’s solution has been recognised as a great success, delivering huge cost savings, positive manager feedback and improved quality of hire that continue to this day.
- Over $500,000 in cost savings
- Cost-per-hire decreased to below $4000
- Direct sourcing increased from 25% to 99% within one year
- Normally hard-to-fill roles now placed within very short timeframes
- Integration into People and Culture Business Unit to help drive key strategic initiatives being rolled out across the business