Hudson RPO brings order to recruitment chaos of large chemical producer
When BASF, the ANZ division of the world’s largest chemical producer, needed its reactive, fragmented and costly approach to hiring overhauled, Hudson’s RPO team was called in to develop a proactive, transparent and cost-effective recruitment and selection solution.
Its challenges included:
- Reactive hiring with no transparency over costs, time-to-fill or quality of hire
- High time-to-fill
- High rate of new hire terminations
- Poor manager satisfaction
- Expensive and disjointed pay-per-hire model with previous agency
In 2013, Hudson RPO designed and implemented a fully integrated, blended RPO/agency solution that continues to this day.
The solution included:
- A single point of contact and consistent, transparent process
- All permanent and fixed term roles across Australia and New Zealand covered, from executive to blue and white collar positions
- Proactive and innovative sourcing strategies to fill technical positions
- Implementation of an internal referral process
- Psychometric and IT skills assessment
- Graduate and redeployment recruitment
- ATS optimisation and user training
- Talent pool development and communication
- Strengthening of employment branding and market presence
- National support for geographically challenged managers/sites
The success of Hudson RPO’s solution has been acknowledged through an extension of the partnership for a further two years, with the Asia Pacific team now contributing to a monthly recruitment round table to drive improvements across the region.
- Reduced time-to-fill, improved quality of hire and significant cost savings
- All KPIs exceeded during first two years of implementation
- Additional value delivered through extended network of professional services including ATS optimisation, graduate selection and social media development