Our areas of expertise
TELSTRA BUSINESS WOMEN'S AWARDS
2012 marks the 11 year anniversary of our support for the Telstra Business Women’s Awards, an initiative that has been recognising, rewarding and celebrating the achievements of inspirational business women since 1995.
The 2012 Awards have now been launched and we are again the sponsor of the Private & Corporate Sector Award, sitting alongside our fellow sponsors Commonwealth Bank, Nokia, PWC, White Pages and Marie Claire.
About the TELSTRA business women's awards
The Telstra Business Women’s Awards is a unique program which recognises the work of high achieving women across a variety of fields. For the past 17 years, Telstra have been recognising, rewarding and celebrating the achievements of inspirational women. Women who have pushed the boundaries and dared to dream. The Telstra Business Women’s Awards provide an outstanding opportunity to uncover amazing business women who inspire others.
There are five Award categories:
- Commonwealth Bank Business Owner Award – for owners with a 50 percent share or more in a business with responsibility for key management decision making
- Hudson Private and Corporate Sector Award – for employees in the private and corporate sectors, or owners with less than a 50 percent share of a business
- White Pages Community and Government Award – for employees in government departments, statutory bodies and not-for-profit organisations
- Nokia Business Innovation Award – for eligible business owners, private sector employees and entrepreneurs who answer the Innovation questions in the Entry form
- Marie Claire Young Business Women’s Award – open to entrants who are eligible in one of the three qualifying categories who were born on or after July 23, 1974
Category winners in each state/territory go through to the national awards and are eligible to win the national title in their respective category. The winners of the overall Telstra Business Woman of the Year in each state/territory are eligible to win the 2012 Telstra Australian Business Woman of the Year. All national winners are announced at a black-tie gala dinner held in Sydney in November. To view video highlights from the 2011 national event, click here
2012 State Presentation Luncheons
|| 20 September|
|New South Wales
|| 25 September|
|Australian Capital Territory
|| 27 September|
|| 5 October|
|| 9 October|
|| 12 October|
|| 16 October|
National Award Ceremony
The 2012 Telstra Australian Business Women's Awards Gala Dinner will be held on 21 November 2012.
The 2011 Winners
Telstra Australian Business Woman of the Year
Hudson Private and Corporate Sector Award
SHOES OF PREY, NSW
“WE HAVE EMPOWERED WOMEN TO FULLY AND CONFIDENTLY EXPRESS THEIR STYLE. WE’VE CHANGED THE WAY THEY SHOP.” – JODIE FOX.
Shoes of Prey offers shoppers a choice of style components, colours and materials, leads them through the design process, then ships their handmade footwear in four to six weeks. In just over a year, women all over the world have created tens of thousands of pairs of bespoke shoes. Jodie helps drive strategic direction, while also leading design, product development, human resources and marketing. The success of her innovative fashion concept has seen the business expand to China, Japan, Russia and the Netherlands and attracted international media attention, adding spokesperson to Jodie’s list of responsibilities. Earlier this year, she was invited to Federal Parliament to consult with political leaders on fostering innovation among Australia’s small and medium businesses.
Information on past Telstra Business Women's Awards winners, click here.
Nominate an inspiring business woman by clicking here
For more information on the Telstra Business Women’s Awards, visit their website.